We read more and more about social media and its benefits. How do we figure out what social media can do for us and how to make it work? What should we do to leverage social media while not wasting time and money?
Social media is generally defined as a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0 and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content. This includes blogs, networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Wikis.
Social media is changing and growing at an astronomical pace. One recent study by Burson Martseller about the proliferation of corporate engagement in social media indicates that of the Fortune Global 100 companies:
- 65% have active Twitter accounts
- 54% have Facebook fan pages
- 50% have YouTube video channels
- 33% have corporate blogs
But what does this mean to you and your sales organization?
Your answers to the following questions will help you develop an accurate assessment of what you should do leverage social media to your advantage
- How is social media being used in your marketplace by your customers, prospects, competitors and suppliers?
- What are your social media goals, strategies and plans?
- What is the level of endorsement for your social media strategy by key stakeholders? How do you know?
- How effective is your lead generation?
Interested in having the complete set of questions? Contact us today (link to 8.0) by sharing a bit of information.
The LinkedIn social media network will help most sales organizations to generate more revenue, and you can start using it right now. And yet I continue to observe a lot of resistance.
Want to know how to get started using LinkedIn? Contact us today. We will send you the top six things to do to get started.